#flights

For someone who didn’t leave the UK until 16 I’m making up for it now.

With connections, 8 flights - just to get myself to Bolivia. (I do have some stops to make, however.)

So, primarily for my mother, but also anyone else who cares (or wants to pray, please!) - here’s my “itinerary”.

20th June
Dublin - Toronto (WestJet - apparently they’re legit, and I probably won’t die.)

21st June
Toronto - Memphis (Delta)

Then I have Pre-Field Orientation - in Mississippi.

So look forward to many pictures of me wildly sunburnt.

And whatever else people do in Mississippi.

(Also, one day I may be able to write Mississippi without spelling it in my head. Such a satisfying word to spell.)

So after 10 days of sun avoidance and seminars and apparently there’s a talent show and lots of other fun things (a trip to Chick-Fil-A, fingers crossed) I get to fly more.

#yay
#jokes

Get ready for the most connections of anyone’s life, ever.

1st July
Memphis - Philly
Philly - Baltimore (let me ready the Hairspray soundtrack #goodmorningbaltimore)
Baltimore - Miami (least enjoyable airport in all the world)

2nd July
Miami - La Paz (don’t even have to get off the plane. they’re just refueling, for the epic hour long flight to Santa Cruz. Something about that makes me uncomfortable…)
La Paz - Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz - Cochabamba

At which point I will finally have made it to my home for the next 2 years.


Sure, at least it’s easy to get to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the ache.

Almost 8 years in the country, gringa still doesn’t speak Spanish properly.

#sleepover (one week later).