Hello from Toronto!

I have been travelling all day, and am in Toronto until my flight in the morning. And you would all feel worse for me if not for the fact that an amazing family got me a hotel room and it is awesome.

Check it. Ted and Bongo are all up in it.

(My wake up call is for 3am though, so don't be too jealous!)

So here is a rundown of my day:

Futuristic lifts in Dublin.
I swear Justin Timberlake shot a video in one of these.

Saying bye to the 'rents.

I'm a rebel, always.

Passports at the ready.
(I have already mixed his one up with mine once.)

Paddington on the plane.

I took this photo.
WestJet should let me be their publicity person.

St John's is pretty.
I mean, I didn't know it existed til last week, but still.

Dublin to St Johns was cosy. In that every. single. seat. was full. And I caught a cold. And was harshly judged for sneezing and sniffing and blowing my nose. It was less than enjoyable.

Then, Canadian customs. I sneezed, and just generally looked ill apparently, so the guy assumed ebola. He then wanted proof my ebola-ridden self was leaving his beloved Canada again, of which I had nothing because I couldn't check in with Delta til after I arrived. (It actually turns out I can't check in at all, hence the disgustingly early wake-up call.) He was a nightmare. I thought Canadians were supposed to be nice.

After he was at least half-convinced I wasn't trying to bring ebola to Canada from Ireland, for some reason we had to pick up our luggage, and then recheck it. And then run through security, where I got sent into a special little room, which was just slightly worrying. I literally walked to my gate, and boarded as the last one onto the plane. Nearly missed it. Nearly wept.

Prayer for today.

There is a cat in that bag.
Her hand luggage was a cat.

When I got to Toronto I got to use a special little phone in the terminal to call for a shuttle bus. And then he used a luggage cart to bring my stuff inside. Like a hotel one, like Zack and Cody used to play with in The Suite Life. #daymade


This diner is a 2 minute walk from the hotel.
I chose sleep over exploring.
Wasn't even a close call.

My hotel. #fancy

Canadians drive on the wrong side of the road.

Now I am lying in bed, thinking that maybe I should just stay on NI time for another little while, then my wake up call is for 7.30am not 2.30am - and that's way more reasonable.

So there you go, you're all caught up.
Photos and words.
#winning

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the ache.

Almost 8 years in the country, gringa still doesn’t speak Spanish properly.

#sleepover (one week later).